Kristen Stewart is the subject of an edgy photo shoot for Interview magazine's annual Fashion Issue. The actress posed for two covers, as well as an avant-garde spread snapped by photographer Steven Klein and was interviewed by legendary musician Patti Smith. Kristen, who recently garnered critical acclaim for her role in Still Alice, continued her custom of not holding back and spoke candidly about everything from her Twilight days to her infamous habit of sporting sneakers on the red carpet. Scroll through for some choice quotes and saucy photos from Kristen's spread, and be sure to read the full interview here.
- On choosing her movie roles: "I'm always asked about what type of things I want to do, and if I make decisions based on my last project. Say I do a big franchise movie about a vampire that falls in love with a normal girl. It's like, 'Now do you want to show them that you can be a real, serious actor? It's like, 'Was I not being a real, serious actor?'"
- On her Twilight days: "Anybody who wants to talk sh*t about Twilight, I completely get it, but there's something there that I'm endlessly, and to this day, f*cking proud of. My memory of it felt — still feels — really good."
- On how Twilight has influenced her career: "People are always comparing sh*t. Like, comparing Twilight to things and trying to figure out why I've made certain decisions that I've made, and I always say every single moment that has led me to this moment has made me who I am. Every movie that I've done, they don't stand independently from one another because a little bit of me is in every single one of those, and it's part of my own personal growth."
- On what she's been up to lately: "I'm writing a poem for the wedding of one of my best friends. And that's oddly taken up a lot of me, recently. I'm trying to develop a little more faith in my hand, because everything that I do in terms of productivity is always really cerebral. So I've made a few paintings. I'm trying to find a crew, too, because I really want to start making my own movies. I just need to find my guys."
- On wearing heels: "Dude, I can do it for about three minutes."