Image Source: Getty / Gabriel Olsen
After Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Dream, in November 2016, it seemed like the soon-to-be-newlyweds' relationship was stronger than ever. Unfortunately, Rob and Chyna hit more than a few speed bumps soon after because of issues with Rob's sisters and the fact Chyna's ex was dating Rob's sister Kylie, all of which culminated in an explosive pre-Christmas spat that reportedly got physical. Their on-and-off relationship continued in the months afterward, but in July, Rob went on an extremely NSFW (and illegal) photo spree on Instagram, posting naked photos of Chyna while accusing her of everything from drug and alcohol abuse to cheating on him with multiple men. In light of that, let's take a look at every major milestone in the couple's rocky road to romance so far.
- Jan. 25, 2016: Chyna first met the Kardashian family through Kim and Kanye in 2014 when she was still with Tyga, but it wasn't until the beginning of this year that she got together with Rob. They ignited rumors of a relationship with a cuddly Instagram photo, immediately drawing a not-so-subtle warning from his sister Khloé Kardashian.
- Jan. 27, 2016: People reported that Khloé was so angry at Rob for starting to date Chyna that she kicked him out of the house, prompting him to move into Chyna's mansion. Meanwhile, it became apparent that Chyna was trying to help Rob get healthy and back in shape after years spent gaining weight out of the public eye.
- Jan. 29, 2016: Kris Jenner — who many assumed was just as nonplussed about the new relationship as Khloé — was photographed visiting Rob while Chyna was out of town. A few hours later, Chyna was charged with public intoxication and possessing a controlled substance in Austin, TX, after she had to be escorted off of a flight.
- Jan. 31, 2016: Rob, a modern-day knight in shining armor, drove his Bentley more than 20 hours from LA to Austin to get his girlfriend. The reunited pair were subsequently offered a seven-figure sum to star in a sex tape. Rob decided not to follow in the footsteps of his older sibling, and they declined the deal.
- Feb. 9, 2016: Engagement rumors started to fly after Chyna was seen partying at the Trinidad and Tobago Carnival with BFF Amber Rose while wearing a massive diamond on that finger.
- Feb. 14, 2016: A lot of people go big on Valentine's Day, but it's safe to say Rob went absolutely all out for his first time celebrating the lovey-dovey holiday with his new girlfriend (fiancée?). Not only did he give her a tree of red roses, but he also had a $35,000 custom portrait of Chyna commissioned (which included lyrics from a John Legend song written in diamond dust, naturally). It really puts your bouquet from 1-800-Flowers into perspective, huh?
- Feb. 18, 2016: Khloé's stance on Rob and Chyna's relationship seemed to soften after she tweeted a sweet #TBT of her and Rob with the caption, "It's simple.... I miss you 😫😫😫."
- March 6, 2016: Trouble in paradise? Chyna and Rob had people wondering if they'd split when Rob spontaneously deleted his Instagram and unfollowed his girlfriend, with sources saying "they were moving too fast" but that "they'll be back." It came just days after the pair reportedly dropped the L-bomb for the first time.
- March 13, 2016: Breakup rumors died down a week later when Rob and Chyna made a club appearance in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Rob chose to wear slip-on sandals on the dance floor, but otherwise they seemed more in love than ever.
- March 16, 2016: Rob joined Chyna and her son, King Cairo, (who she shares with ex Tyga) on a family trip to Legoland the day before his 29th birthday.
- April 4, 2016: After the relationship received the blessings of both Kris Jenner and Amber Rose, Rob popped the question with a seven-carat diamond ring worth $325,000.
- May 6, 2016: The newly engaged twosome hinted at a pregnancy with matching Instagram photos featuring a pregnant emoji version of Chyna.
- July 25, 2016: Rob's habit of deleting social media came up again when he deleted all of his Instagram photos and unfollowed Chyna once more. Plenty of fans speculated the end of their relationship was near . . .
- Aug. 15, 2016: . . . except it wasn't! Instead, quite the opposite. The couple brokered a deal for a reality show through the Kardashian family's ties to E! and dropped the drama-packed first trailer.
- Sept. 11, 2016: Kris stole Chyna and Rob's thunder by revealing they were expecting a girl via Twitter.
- Sept. 13, 2016: Chyna shares a sonogram of her and Rob's child, captioning the exciting image, "@robkardashian and I can't wait to meet our baby girl 💕."
- Sept. 28, 2016: Although all seemed well between Rob and his sisters, a baby shower thrown by Kourtney, Khloé, and Kim threw everything into disarray. A source told Us Weekly that when Rob found out his siblings were bringing TV cameras to the event for Keeping Up With the Kardashians, "he said, 'F*ck that.' So Chyna didn't go either. He messed everything up."
- Nov. 10, 2016: Rob and Chyna welcomed their baby girl, Dream Kardashian, at the start of November and shared a truly insane Mannequin Challenge from inside the delivery room.
- Dec. 10, 2016: Kim, Khloé, and Kourtney reportedly tried to block Chyna (real name Angela Renée White) from trademarking the name she'll have after marrying Rob (Angela Renée Kardashian). The 28-year-old was hoping to trademark the name so she could use it for promoting her business ventures, working in the entertainment industry, and on social media.
- Dec. 11, 2016: Despite the legal troubles, the family came together to celebrate the milestone of Dream's first month.
- Dec. 17, 2016: A few days after E! renewed Rob and Chyna, the couple's relationship crashed and burned for all to see. Chyna's Instagram was "hacked" (she claims), resulting in several now-deleted screenshots of texts between her and attorney Walter Mosley, actor Jaden Smith, and rapper Young Thug being posted to the photo sharing app, all of which contained negative messages about Rob. She called him "lazy," "fat," and "insecure," and one text supposedly read: "Imma give Rob 1 year to get it together. Or I'm gone." Chyna then cleaned out Dream and King Cairo's rooms, which Rob recorded on Snapchat while crying. He also posted and deleted a photo on Instagram about how he has "never been this heartbroken." The two then fought within the comments of the photo among their fans.
- Dec. 19, 2016: Although that certainly seemed like the end of Rob and Chyna, she regrammed his subsequent apology and captioned it with, "❤️ @robkardashian."
- Dec. 20, 2016: Details emerged that the fight over the Instagram hack reportedly got physical. According to E! News, Chyna punched Rob in the back and his arms in "a drunken rage." Thankfully Kris's boyfriend, Corey Gamble, walked in "and ripped Chyna off of Rob." On the same day, they were said to have reconciled after their "heat of the moment" separation when Rob called her to say sorry.
- Feb. 16, 2017: Apparently Rob and Chyna didn't have a very good Valentine's Day, because they split up again two days after the romantic holiday. "Rob thinks it's the right decision," a source told Us Weekly. "Chyna has disappeared for days at a time without communicating or providing any updates. This won't end well." A second source added that their relationship never quite recovered from their fight around Christmas, saying, "[It's the same] with her yelling and screaming about how his family doesn't like or support her, and his insecurities."
- April 1, 2017: After a month apart, Chyna and Rob appeared to have gotten back together. Chyna uploaded a series of Snapchat videos of her and Rob hanging out, including one showing Rob giving her a kiss.
Image Source: Getty / Gabe Ginsberg
July 5, 2017: Following yet another breakup, Rob began to post a series of (extremely) NSFW images of Chyna to his Instagram account (which have since been deleted). He began the photo dump by sharing a video of Chyna kissing another man in bed that she reportedly sent Rob on the Fourth of July, which he captioned, "Hahahaha Chyna just sent me this video saying happy 4th of July what a crazy person. Come spend time with your daughter instead of f*cking me and then this dude right after. U need help." He then posted a number of photos she'd presumably sent him in the past of her naked body and private parts, as well as screenshots of text messages from multiple men sleeping with Chyna who've asked Rob for money.
Rob then accused her of extensive drug and alcohol abuse and revealed that he paid $100K in plastic surgery costs after Chyna gave birth to their daughter, Dream. "Everyone wonders how Chyna lost all that weight after the baby and she lies to everyone but no I'm such a great Husband that on our anniversary I paid 100K to do this surgery to get all everything fixed as much as they could," he captioned a video of her in the hospital. "And then guess what she did after she was all healed when I was by her side the entire time. She left me and my baby which she had out of spite to get back at her other baby daddy. I can't believe u would disrespect me like this." Instagram has since removed the graphic images of Chyna, which can technically be considered revenge porn, and result in legal repercussions for Rob.
- July 5, 2017: Shortly after Rob's wave of abusive posts went live, Chyna accused him of beating her via Snapchat. "Rob u did all this but u beat me up and try act it never happen!!!!!" the 29-year-old wrote. "U put hand on me I swear on god!!!! On my kids but I'm supposed to be quiet because you're a Kardashian." In a second message she added, "The light will come to the light."
- July 6, 2017: Following the former couple's social media war, Blac Chyna considered her legal options against Rob for posting explicit photos of her. "I am exploring all legal remedies and protections available to my client at this time in attempts to best advise her on how she may want to proceed," her attorney Walter Mosley said in a statement.
— TheShadeRoom (@TheShadeRoom) July 10, 2017
July 10, 2017: Chyna and her other attorney, Lisa Bloom, appeared on Good Morning America to discuss the legal action they'd be taking against Rob (an anti-revenge-porn law was implemented in California in 2013). "Chyna ended your relationship months ago and she has the right to live as she chooses, work as she chooses, dress as she chooses, and be intimate with who she chooses," Lisa said, speaking directly to Rob. "Chyna and I both believe that this is an important women's rights issue, as too many women and girls have been slut-shamed by exes. It stops now. Your attempts to shame and control her are hereby rejected. Her body, her choice. Her life, her choice. Back off."
Chyna also shared her side of what happened. "I was devastated, of course. I'm like, how could somebody, like, post these pictures of me?" she said. "And I'm like, 'Wow, OK.' Like, this is a person that I trusted. I felt . . . betrayed." She also made it clear that she did not approve of the naked photos Rob shared on social media. "I didn't like none of the photos. I actually have Robert Kardashian blocked from my Instagram . . . I talked to Rob about everything. I talked to him. The moral of the story is, like, he doesn't respect me, so if you can't respect me, you have to respect the law." Later that same day, Chyna was granted a temporary restraining order against Rob.