The Sony Pictures hack has been a trending topic for weeks now, with headlines getting juicier and juicier as reporters comb through material. (Even Saturday Night Live has taken note — James Franco and Seth Rogen made light of the scandal in a recent episode.) While some information poses threats to Sony's stars and products, other pieces provide a window into the inner workings of Hollywood. Read on to find out what we've learned about Jennifer Lawrence, Beyoncé, Angelina Jolie, Kanye West, and more stars affected by the massive hack.
- Kanye West will reportedly appear in a holiday movie costarring Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, which is expected to hit theaters next year.
- In 2013, Beyoncé's dad, Matthew Knowles, reportedly approached Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper about a Destiny's Child biopic. "Do we think it would be a successful film? They're on Sony label. I'm just not sure that it's not too soon," Clint reportedly wrote about the project.
- Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Schumer, and Lizzy Caplan are among the potential stars of an all-female reboot of Ghostbusters.
- Sony exec Amy Pascal reportedly suggested that Jennifer Lawrence replace Angelina Jolie in a Cleopatra biopic.
- George Clooney is reportedly superpassionate about directing a movie centered on media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
- Aaron Sorkin originally wanted Tom Cruise for his movie about Steve Jobs. "I don't know who Michael Fassbender is and the rest of the world isn't going to care. This is insane," he reportedly wrote in an email. He later changed his tune, writing, "F*ck it. [Michael]'s a great actor whose time has come."
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly earned less than her male costars Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, and Jeremy Renner for their movie American Hustle.
- England's Princess Beatrice makes $30,000 a year as a coordinating producer in London.
- Jessica Alba's Hollywood alias is Cash Money, but she's not the only celebrity who uses a cover name.
- Adam Sandler's movies aren't the company's proudest examples of its work, to say the least.
- According to a producer, Angelina Jolie is a "minimally talented, spoiled brat."
- A Men in Black and Jump Street crossover is in the works. Jonah Hill reportedly wrote that "jump street merging with mib i think that's clean and rad and powerful."
- Spider-Man could have made an appearance in Captain America: Civil War.
- People keep asking Paul Reiser for more Mad About You DVDs, and he really wants to be heard.
- Will Ferrell is the man in Australia, but his popularity in Japan is superlow.
- A producer worked hard to convince Leonardo DiCaprio to take a role in a Steve Jobs biopic, telling him that "everyone involved in this production desperately wants to help bring you the Academy Award you so richly deserve."
- Channing Tatum sends the most Channing Tatum-esque emails ever.
Source: Getty / Ray Tamarra, D Dipasupil