Image Source: Freeform
Luka Sabbat has all the makings of a star. The 20-year-old model and Grown-ish actor describes himself as a "young creative entrepreneur," and his already-impressive résumé is proof of that. Having worked with famous fashion designers like Dolce & Gabbana and Hugo Boss and amassed over half a million followers on Instagram thanks to his effortlessly cool sense of style, it's hard not to be smitten. Keep reading to familiarize yourself with Luka, who plays Yara Shahidi's love interest on one of the most buzzed-about shows of the year.
- He's a Sagittarius. Luka was born on Nov. 26, 1997.
- He's from the Big Apple. Although he is a native New Yorker, Luka was raised in Paris, where his mother worked as a stylist for Galliano and Dior.
- He has worked with Kanye West. Luka was one of the male models featured in Kanye's Yeezy Season 1 Presentation at NYFW back in 2015.
- He was born into fashion. His mother was a fashion stylist before becoming a chef, and his father is currently a fashion designer, according to Luka's official website.
- He dropped out of college to pursue his dreams. Luka only attended one semester before calling it quits. "I skipped that whole college 'get drunk,' 'get all these girls' attitude; I skipped that and went to work. I got super professional out of nowhere," he told Forbes in 2017.
- He wanted to try his hand at stand-up comedy. During an interview with Complex, Luka revealed he was "always the class clown" and took up comedy improv in high school. "I like to make people laugh in a real setting, with just talking," he shared. "Man, what's funny? Anything is funny."
- He hasn't been acting very long. According to his IMDb page, Grown-ish is Luka's first major acting role. Not a bad start for a new kid on the block.