JUST BECAUSE WE'RE FRIENDS – ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $500 (THE "SWEEPSTAKES")("OFFICIAL RULES")
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING; CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: YOU HAVE NOT YET WON
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM GROUP NINE MEDIA, INC. ("SPONSOR"). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Group Nine Media, Inc., located at 568 Broadway, Floor 10, New York, NY 10012. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, who meet their jurisdiction's minimum age requirement. Officers, employees, agents, and immediate family and household members of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone professionally associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on August 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, visit https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/48350300 and provide the following information during the Sweepstakes Period: (a) email address (such information, along with any other information or materials you submit in connection with the Sweepstakes, are your "Submission"). You represent and warrant that you own and possess all rights to the Submission including but not limited to all rights to any trademarks, copyrights, and rights of publicity incorporated therein ("Rights") and that your Submission is wholly created by, and original to, you. By providing your Submission to Sponsor, you are conveying ownership of your Submission and its associated Rights to Sponsor, and hereby irrevocably grant, transfer, sell, assign, and convey to Sponsor and its successors and assigns, all Rights in and to your Submission for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, through any media and devices known or unknown. You also hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all moral rights that you may now or later have to your Submission, throughout the world. Sponsor may freely sublicense, assign, transfer, edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, alter, or create derivative works of the entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable.
4. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit. Limit one (1) entry per person, email account. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts) to circumvent the entry limit.
6. Prize(s). One (1) confirmed prize winner will receive a five hundred dollars ($500.00) (the "Prize"). The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
7. Winner Selection. Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one (1) winner(s) on or about September 3, 2021 from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner's compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry. If winner engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of the Prize without further compensation.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements. Sponsor will contact winner(s) by the email address provided to enter. Sponsor is not liable for a winner's failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, "Winner Paperwork") to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor's delivery. A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor's notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive. Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service. Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner's irrevocable permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
9. General Terms. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise. If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor's control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor's reasonable control. This Sweepstakes is governed by New York law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in New York, New York for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes.
12. Third-Party Platforms. If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third-party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the "Third Party Platform"), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
13. Winner Publication. The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
14. Sponsor Contacts.
Sponsor(s): Group Nine Media, Inc. 568 Broadway, Floor 10, New York, NY 10012.