His Family and Early Life
- Chris was born in 1979 in Minnesota, but his family moved to Alaska when he was 3 years old because his dad worked in mining and construction. After about four years, they relocated to Washington state.
- He has two older siblings, Cully and Angie, and we may have his brother to thank for that ab-tastic gym selfie. When he shared it, he joked, "Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me."
- For the past 29 years, Chris's mom has worked at a Safeway grocery store in Washington. (She hasn't quit because she's only about one year from retirement, and yes, Chris did buy her a house.)
- Chris's dad passed away in 2014.
- He grew up hunting, and he bought his first gun at age 12 with babysitting money.
- At Lake Stevens High School, Chris was an athlete.
- The outgoing actor also emceed school assemblies — his first experience in front of a crowd.
- Surprise, surprise — he was voted class clown before he graduated in 1997.