- January: The new couple escaped the cold of the Northeast by heading south to New Orleans, where Ryan had bought a country home during his first marriage. The couple were seen taking an afternoon stroll around the city and sharing a romantic dinner.
- May: Blake was clearly a hit with Ryan's family, because the pair made their way back up to Canada to visit Ryan's brother and the rest of his family.
- July: Blake took Ryan to her family's home in New York for the Fourth of July, where they made out in their bathing suits and played around in a dunk tank.
- September: Leave it to these two to have one of the chicest surprise weddings in Hollywood history. After a year of dating, Ryan and Blake tied the knot at Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, SC (you might recognize it from a few scenes in The Notebook!), where they had plenty of family and friends in attendance (including Blake's Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants costars Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel, and America Ferrera). They had a gorgeous, tiered white cake and wedding bands from Lorraine Schwartz, and Blake wore a "cloudlike" gown designed by Marchesa.
- October: In the October 2012 issue of Allure magazine, Blake couldn't help but gush over her happiness with her new husband. "Right now, I'm so peaceful," she said. "I've never been happier in my life."
- December: Once Blake had wrapped up work on the final season of Gossip Girl, the newlyweds jetted off to France for a romantic getaway.