The new Bachelor was revealed in September, and for many fans it just left them with even more questions. Even though there was speculation that Rachel Lindsay's runner-up Peter Kraus would be taking on the title, it ended up going to a different Bachelorette runner-up, Arie Luyendyk Jr. If you're new to Bachelor Nation or simply need a refresher — it's definitely been a while since he appeared on the franchise — here are a few things you need to know about The Bachelor's new star.
- He was on Emily Maynard's season. He was the runner-up during season eight of The Bachelorette.
- He's younger than Nick Viall. Per one of producer Mike Fleiss's clues on Twitter, Luyendyk is younger than the last Bachelor. He is 35 years old!
- He has been in negotiations for The Bachelor for a while now. Even though fans were shocked by the news, it seems like Luyendyk's spot as the Bachelor has been a long time coming. According to Sean Lowe, he was originally tapped for season 19 before Chris Soules took on the role.
- He's a race car driver. Luyendyk, who is the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk, competed in the Indy Lights Series where he has finished second, third, and fourth over the years.
- He's taller than Chris Harrison. Another one of Fleiss's clues was that he is taller than the show's host. While Harrison is 5' 10", the 35-year-old is 6' 2".