Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
- The Empire hunts down the Rebels: The Rebel Alliance sets up a new base on the icy planet Hoth. Darth Vader searches the galaxy for them — specifically Luke — and sends thousands of probe droids to find their location. Once found, a snowy battle ensues.
- Luke trains with Yoda: The spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi visits Luke and tells him to train with Yoda, a Jedi Grand Master in Dagobah. His training regime is rigorous, and he fails often. He also learns about the dangers of the dark side. When Luke prematurely leaves after seeing a vision of his friends in danger, Yoda deems him too reckless but acknowledges that there is another source of hope.
- Han and Leia do some hardcore flirting: Han and Leia's bickering leads to passionate kissing, which leads to an iconic declaration of love: Leia says, "I love you," Han simply replies, "I know."
- Darth Vader captures Han and Leia: Darth Vader hires several bounty hunters to find the Millennium Falcon. Boba Fett manages to follow the ship and the Rebels to Cloud City, where Han's friend Lando Calrissian has set a trap for them. Darth Vader tortures Han and Leia and freezes Han in carbonite. Boba Fett intends to take the frozen Han to Jabba the Hutt.
- Darth Vader reveals he is Luke's father: When Luke arrives at Cloud City, he meets Darth Vader, and the two engage in a lightsaber duel. Eventually, Vader cuts off Luke's right hand and, in an epic cinematic moment, admits that he didn't quite kill Luke's father like Obi-Wan had claimed — "No, I am your father."