Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi rescue Queen Amidala: A blockade of Trade Federation battleships surround Queen Amidala's planet, Naboo. Supreme Chancellor Valorum of the Galactic Republic sends Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, his apprentice, to negotiate the ships' removal. Sith Lord Darth Sidious, the Trade Federation's secret adviser, orders an invasion of Naboo. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan save Queen Amidala, and they end up on the planet Tatooine.
- Anakin Skywalker podraces for his freedom: On Tatooine, Qui-Gon meets a young slave named Anakin Skywalker. He senses the Force in Anakin and believes him to be the "Chosen One" of Jedi prophecy, destined to bring balance to the Force. Anakin gains his freedom through winning a podrace and subsequently leaves Tatooine with Qui-Gon and his group.
- Qui-Gon dies: Darth Maul, Darth Sidious' apprentice, fight against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan during a battle between the Naboo resistance and the Trade Federation. Unfortunately, Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan avenges him and promises that he'll fulfill Obi-Wan's last request — to train Anakin despite the Jedi Council's refusal.
- Senator Palpatine is elected Supreme Chancellor: Prior to the battle, Senator Palpatine urges Queen Amidala to call for a Vote of No Confidence to oust Supreme Chancellor Valorum from office. She heeds his advice, and after the battle, he becomes the new Supreme Chancellor.
- Obi-Wan becomes a Jedi Knight: After the Naboo victory, the Jedi Council bestows on Obi-Wan the title of Jedi Knight. Anakin becomes his apprentice.