25 Taylor Swift Costumes Based on Her Music Videos
Taylor Swift is celebrating all of her Eras on her Eras Tour, and her fans are showing out in their own costumes that honor all her different releases. Swift, who released her first album way back in 2006, has filmed lots of music videos through the years and even directed a few herself. The iconic outfits she rocks in each video are the perfect inspiration to pull from for an iconic Eras Tour costume.
For example, there's the "22" music video from the "Red" era, which featured her iconic slogan shirt which she too has worn again on tour. Paired with heart-shaped sunglasses and a red lip, it's an easy and fun look! Then there are the more country-inspired looks from her "Fearless" era, or the princess-inspired outfit from the "Love Story" video. Or, you can channel her "Midnights" music videos with an outfit inspired by "Anti-Hero," "Bejeweled," or "Lavender Haze." Some of the outfits require some arts and crafts prowess, while others can be easily put together with closet staples you probably already own. And most of them need one thing to seal the deal: Swift's iconic red lipstick.
Ahead, these are 25 Swift costume ideas based on her music video outfits.
"Teardrops on My Guitar" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A long green dress, ringlet curls, and lots of body jewels for your eyes. Don't forget your guitar.
- How to act: Like your best friend Drew is in love with another girl.
"Our Song" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A black halter dress with a matching headband and gloves. Carry around a pen and an old napkin.
- How to act: Keep telling people to play your favorite song again.
"Picture to Burn" Costume idea
- What to wear: A little black dress, heels, and a fedora.
- How to act: Like a crazy ex-girlfriend who's just been burned.
"Love Story" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A princess-like white gown. Put your hair in a really fancy updo with a matching headband.
- How to act: Like you're waiting on your Romeo to come and save you.
"You Belong With Me" Costume Idea
- What to wear: Full-on band uniform. Don't forget your "I Love You" piece of paper so you can confess your feelings to your best friend.
- How to act: Nerdy. Don't be afraid to throw in some superuncoordinated dance moves.
"Mean" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A black and white ruffled dress with tights and heels. Add pearls, a bow, and red lipstick for the full retro look.
- How to act: Like you're through with being pushed around.
"22" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A graphic tee with a cute saying on it, black shorts, and a matching panama hat. Don't forget your red heart-shaped glasses and matching lipstick.
- How to act: Happy, free, confused, and lonely. Make fun of your exes and fall in love with strangers.
"I Knew You Were Trouble" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A plain white tee, faded black jeans, and black combat boots. Don't forget to dye the ends of your hair pink.
- How to act: Stumble around and lie on the cold hard ground.
"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" Costume Idea
- What to wear: Flannel pjs and red lipstick. Don't forget your hipster glasses.
- How to act: Like you are so exhausted because your ex won't stop calling.
"Shake It Off" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A black turtleneck, matching skinny jeans, gold flats, and red lips. Don't forget your microphone.
- How to act: Like you can't stop, won't stop grooving.
"Blank Space" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A cheetah-print dress, matching heels, and bright red lipstick. Smear your mascara for the full effect.
- How to act: Insane.
"Bad Blood" Costume Idea
- What to wear: Black crop top, leather shorts, a harness, and stiletto boots. Don't forget your red wig and fantastic eyeliner makeup.
- How to act: Like you're out for blood.
"Wildest Dreams" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A flowing yellow dress with a matching shawl. Don't forget your brunette wig and bejeweled necklace.
- How to act: Day-dreamy. You're a classic Hollywood actress.
"Out of the Woods" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A light blue dress that's covered in mud.
- How to act: Like you were built to fall apart and then fall back together. Ask people if you're out of the woods yet.
"Look What You Made Me Do" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A long red dress with sleeves, strappy gold heels, snake jewelry, and red lipstick.
- How to act: Like you're about to spill some major tea. Hiss at people when they try to talk to you.
". . . Ready For It?" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A black unitard, thigh-high boots, and a black cape with a hood.
- How to act: Hard as nails. Strut your stuff in the hallway.
"End Game" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A long-sleeve rainbow dress with a top hat.
- How to act: Happy and carefree. Let loose and give a toast to your real friends.
"Delicate" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A blue fringe dress.
- How to act: Dance like no one is watching.
"ME!" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A yellow suit with a bright pink tie.
- How to act: Like the cool chick that you are.
"You Need to Calm Down" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A pink swimsuit with a matching fur jacket. Carry around a martini with a daisy for extra measure.
- How to act: Completely unbothered. If someone's being too loud, don't be afraid to tell them to just stop.
"Lover" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A yellow dress with a matching headband and earrings. Don't forget your trusty guitar.
- How to act: Overdramatic and true to your lover.
"Cardigan" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A white sundress and your very own "Folklore" cardigan.
- How to act: Like Peter losing Wendy!
"Anti-Hero" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A striped tank top in bright colors with cute shorts. Retro '70s vibes are preferred.
- How to act: Like you're the problem.
"Bejeweled" Costume Idea
- What to wear: A black bodysuit bedazzled with multicolored gems in different shapes and sizes. Bonus points for matching jewelry, dramatic eyeshadow, and a glittering black cape.
- How to act: You're a girl on the town ready to shimmer.
"Lavender Haze" Costume Idea
- What to wear: Pajamas paired with a fluffy purple coat.
- How to act: Sleepy and deeply in love.