Skip Nav

Baby Saves Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Unimaginable Way This Baby Saved Her Family's Life

The Jetsons...I mean the Ruppels ❤️

Posted by Monique Ruppel on Sunday, January 17, 2016

Monique Ruppel often wishes that her baby girl would sleep through the night. But after a frightening situation threatened her family's life, this Canadian mother is particularly grateful that Celia woke up.

Monique posted on Facebook about her dangerous encounter with carbon monoxide and how it was her 1-year-old daughter who ended up saving their family.

According to Monique, Celia typically wakes once per night and either she or her husband always gets up with her. However, on this fateful night, Celia stirred a second time at 3 a.m., but this time, something wasn't right when Monique got out of bed.

ADVERTISEMENT

"This precious little angel did something extraordinary. Something she will not fully understand until she is grown. She literally saved our lives," Monique wrote. "I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo."

Monique's husband, Kyle, immediately woke up and, like his wife, began suffering from dizziness, nausea, burning eyes, and a headache. They quickly packed a bag, and when they got Celia up, she began vomiting. The worried couple called Kyle's parents for help, and they arrived right before Kyle collapsed.

The family was airlifted to Vancouver for carbon monoxide poisoning and each underwent three dives in a hyperbaric chamber.

Monique, Kyle, and Celia are all expected to make a full recovery and are grateful for the support they've received throughout the entire ordeal. "Please ensure you have a carbon monoxide detector and that it works," Monique added. "We are so thankful Celia woke us. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all."

Latest Family