Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Talk Spanking
Will Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Spank North?
There's never a shortage of news in the parenting world, from differing discipline styles to new studies and beyond. But there are only so many hours in the day, and we can't cover every story that catches our eye. Take a look at the seven stories you may have missed this week but need to read.
- Amid the Adrian Peterson child abuse scandal, several celebrity parents have shared their views on physical discipline — be it for or against. One couple you won't see spanking their child is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. In a recent radio interview, a friend of the couple said they will find "gentler ways" to discipline North and her future siblings.
- Life as a single mom can be challenging, especially when you have to deal with annoying comments from fellow parents. But one woman has found a fun way to deal with it. Harmony Smith, with a little help from her son, Elliot, created a Vine account that documents her daily struggles. Equal parts honest and hilarious, her videos are worth a view.
- Time-outs are often seen as a harmless way to discipline our kids. But could 10 minutes of isolation be as hurtful as a spanking? A new study found that children's brains process time-outs the same way they process physical abuse. Which makes us wonder, what is the most effective and least harmful way to punish our kids?
- Every mom-to-be has a different way of documenting her pregnancy, but we are particular fans of methods that involve the whole family. Watch as a mom, dad, and big sister prepare for the baby's arrival in the most adorable way.
- About 10 to 15 percent of new moms suffer from a form of postpartum depression. But despite the large numbers, some people are still in denial — including the doctors who witness it. Here, one mom shares her struggles navigating postpartum depression without a doctor's help.
- Talk about unfriendly neighbors! One couple in Canada received a letter from a neighbor claiming to be "exasperated by the screams" of their three children. We have a suggestion for the neighbor — buy some earplugs!
- A lesson in etiquette quickly escalated into a life-threatening battle. While riding the train, a woman asked some nearby teens if they could stop using the f-word, as there were children nearby. The kids did not take too kindly to her request and proceeded to shove, kick, and punch the woman.