There's never a shortage of news in the parenting world — from differing parenting styles to new studies and beyond. But there are only so many hours in the day, and we can't cover every story that catches our eyes. Take a look at the seven stories you may have missed this week but need to read.
- Here's hoping you kept your American Girl dolls in mint condition! As more members of the original collection are archived, these toys are becoming a hot commodity. People are willing to pay up to $4,000 for the dolls.
- Time goes by so fast. But thanks to technology, we are able to capture every moment on camera. One photographer turned years' worth of family portraits into a beautiful black-and-white series about growing up.
- One father went above and beyond to make Halloween special for his son. Eric Hart, whose son has spent his entire life in the hospital, crafted a tiny Iron Man costume for his baby boy to wear.
- If you've ever had to put a child to sleep, then you will appreciate this video from Convos With My 2-Year-Old. In the clip, two middle-aged men reenact the struggles that every caregiver faces when it comes to bedtime.
- Miracles do happen! After being lost for 22 hours, 2-year-old Brooklyn Lynn Lilly was found in a wooden area near her home. The toddler merely wandered off while playing outside, and was injury free upon her discovery.
- How many of us wonder what our parents were like as youngsters? Well, one Oregon photographer found out. In her series, if I Had Known My Mother Back Then, Danielle Delph used the art of Photoshop to put herself into her mother's snapshots.
- Parents of picky eaters, unite! Blogger Ilana Wiles captured our suppertime struggles in the most hilarious way.