The word "aesthetic" has been gaining a lot of popularity in recent years both on TikTok and in the influencer world, but really, the noun just translates to beautiful, stylish, trendy, or artsy. Just like with everything else, the world of names is becoming more unconventional. From a society where only certain baby names were accepted, the art of naming has evolved into a diverse concept where parents have all the creative freedom they want. And if you're on a quest for aesthetic names for girls, you've come to the right place.
Although the US Birth Certificates released a list of names that are illegal for newborn babies within the US (including King, Queen, and Jesus Christ), there are plenty of aesthetic baby names for girls that their future parents can choose from without infringing on the small list, regardless of the aesthetic you're going for.
Aesthetic Names For Girls
No matter how you interpret the word "aesthetic" — or even if you think the concept is weird — there are so many baby names that fall into the category of "aesthetic names" that you can't deny are gorgeous. Whether it's a really cool name that catches your eye or a significant meaning behind a particular name, it's not hard to find beautiful name options perfectly fit for your little one. From elegant girl names like Ella and Emerald to names that'll push the envelope like Indigo and Sloane, every expectant parent is sure to find a name that is fitting for their baby girl. Scroll through some of our favorite aesthetic names that tend to be used for girls below (though they're lovely no matter the baby's sex, and many are perfectly gender neutral!).
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With A
- Ailee: Greek — Torch; beautiful; bright
- Alaska: Native American — "Great land"
- Arwen: Welsh — "Noble maiden"
- Atlas: Greek — "Bearer of the heavens"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With B
- Bea: Latin — Blessed; "She who brings happiness"
- Betty: Hebrew — "Pledged to God"
- Billie: English — Resolute protection
- Birdie: English — Bird
- Blair: Scottish — "Dweller on the plain"
- Blythe: English — Happy; carefree
- Briar: English — A thorny patch
- Briella: Italian — "God is my strength"
- Brita: Gaelic — Strength; "exalted one"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With C
- Cami: Latin — "Young ceremonial attendant"
- Charlie: English — Free man
- Clementine: French — Mild; merciful
- Cleo: Greek — Glory
- Coco: French — Chocolate bean; a pet name
- Cora: Greek — Maiden
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With D
- Darby: Irish — Free from envy
- Delaney: Irish — "Dark challenger"
- Della: German — Noble
- Dorthea: Greek — "Gift of God"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With E
- Effie: Greek — Pleasant speech
- Ella: German & English — All; completely; fairy maiden
- Elliott: Scottish — "Jehovah is God"
- Ellis: Welsh — Benevolent
- Elodie: French — Foreign riches
- Elora: Hebrew — "The Lord is my light"
- Elowen: Cornish — Elm
- Emerald: Persian — Gem; green
- Emerson: German — "Son of Emery"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With F
- Finley: Irish & Scottish — Fair-haired hero
- Flora: Latin — Flower
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With G
- Gemini: Latin — Twins
- Goldie: Yiddish — Gold
- Grey: English & Scottish — Gray-haired
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With H
- Hayden: English — Fire; heather-grown hill
- Hollis: English — "Near the holly bushes"
- Hyacinth: Greek — Blue larkspur; precious stone
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With I
- Ianthe: Greek — Purple flower
- Indigo: Greek — "Indian dye"
- Indy: English — From the River Indus
- Izzy: Spanish — "Pledged to God"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With J
- Jolie: French — Pretty
- Jules: Latin & Greek — Youthful; soft; downy
- Juniper: Latin — Young
- Juno: Latin — "Queen of the heavens"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With K
- Kaira: Norse — "Wild, stormy one"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With L
- Laney: French — Bright, shining light
- Lavender: English — Purple flower
- Lilly: English — Lily flower
- Liv: Norse — Life
- Lulu: Arabic — Pearl
- Luna: Latin — Moon
- Lyra: Greek — Lyre
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With M
- Magnolia: French — "Magnol's flower"
- Mari: Welsh & Hungarian — Drop of the sea; bitter; beloved
- Marley: English — Pleasant seaside meadow
- Marlowe: English — Driftwood
- Mira: Latin & Arabic — Admirable; peace; female ruler; ocean
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With N
- Nella: English — Bright, shining one
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With O
- Olive: English — Olive tree
- Ophelia: Greek — Help
- Orion: Greek — Rising in the sky; dawning; constellation
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With P
- Pandora: Greek — All gifted
- Peony: Latin — Healing
- Phayre: English — Fair; handsome; beautiful
- Poppy: English — Red flower
- Portland: English — "Land near the port"
- Posie: English — A bunch of flowers
- Primrose: English — First rose
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With R
- Rae: English — Ewe [female sheep]
- Ramsay: English — Low-lying land
- Rory: Irish — Red king
- Rosie: English — Rose
- Roux: French — Russet
- Rowen: Scottish & Irish — Rowan tree; little redhead
- Ruby: Latin — Deep red precious stone
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With S
- Sage: Latin — Wise
- Scarlett: English — Scarlet; red
- Scotland: Scottish — Place name
- Scout: French — To listen
- Sia: Old Norse — Victory
- Sloane: Irish — Raider
- Stella: Latin — Star
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With T
- Thea: Greek — Goddess; godly
- Twyla: English — "Woven with a double thread"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With U
- Ursa: Latin — Little female bear
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With V
- Vera: Russian — Faith
- Violet: English — Purple
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With W
- Waverly: English — "Meadow of quivering aspens"
- Willow: English — Willow tree
- Winnie: English — Holy peacemaking; gentle friend
- Winter: English & German — The season; time of water
- Wren: English — Small bird
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With Y
- Yara: Arabic — Friend; helper
- York: English — "From the yew estate"
Aesthetic Names For Girls That Start With Z
- Zahara: Hebrew & Swahili — To shine; flower
- Zella: African — Lacking nothing; "one who knows the way"
- Zemira: Hebrew — Praised
- Zoey: Greek — Life
- Zuri: Kiswahili — Good; beautiful