McDonald's Is Bringing Back Classic Happy Meal Toys
McDonald's Is Bringing Old Toys Back to Its Happy Meals (Yes, That Includes Tamagotchi!)
McDonald's is serving up a dose of nostalgia to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Happy Meal. On Oct. 31, the fast-food chain announced that it's bringing back some of the most memorable Happy Meal toys from years past, so now you can really feel like a kid again when you order one.
Beginning on Nov. 7, McDonald's will be selling what it's dubbed Surprise Happy Meals in over 90 countries worldwide. Each meal will include one of 17 retro toys, and two of them will be available exclusively in the US. The list of special toys includes a Tamagotchi, a Patti the Platypus Beanie Baby, Hello Kitty, a My Little Pony doll, and even a Furby. Talk about taking things back!
"Parents tell us how fondly they recall their favorite toys," Colin Mitchell, McDonald's senior vice president of global marketing, said in a statement. "So, unboxing the Surprise Happy Meal together creates a real moment of bonding with their children. We hope these toys are something that they will treasure and remember."
The Surprise Happy Meal will be available until Nov. 11 or until supplies last. See the full list of toys below.
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald's): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald's): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald's): 1991
- McDonald's Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald's): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Bros.): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians — U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey — U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 2002
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013