Jason Wu Designed a Collection For the Sophisticated Risk-Taker
When Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger show up on the red carpet in sophisticated silhouettes that turn heads, they're likely wearing Jason Wu. The designer has become a go-to for streamlined looks that have a little flair, a little pep. Wu's experimented with it all, from shimmering beads to unexpected slits. But this season, he's brought over his artistic influence from well-known workwear label Boss, for which he is the creative director.
Well-tailored pieces we could easily picture at the office are covered in floaty feathers, and plaid cobalt-blue separates are topped with what we'll deem the furry harness collar — a luxe yet playful update on last season's full-bodice accessory. Then there are the checked knee-length numbers with single-strapped plunging necklines — those are for the risk-takers. With stars like Kruger and Jaime King sitting in Wu's front row, we can only imagine they'll debut these looks soon, inspiring us to jazz up our skirt suits and trousers.
- Trends: Floaty, feminine feathers, the furry harness collar, and viva la velvet — we're already seeing the material everywhere this season, including shoes!
- Colors: Deep cobalt, a pleasant khaki, and a bright yellow-chartreuse.
- Key Look: The strapless, slitted, feather-covered cocktail dress that comes in a neutral shade, but is no less eye-catching.
- Shoes: The velvet loafer 2.0 — meet the luxe, modern Mary Jane.
- Who Would Wear It: The working woman who's got plans after hours — or, frankly, loves a little attention.
- Front Row: Jaime King, Jennifer Hudson, Martha Hunt, and Diane Kruger.
- What We Want Right Now: That wispy heather gray coat. We could throw it over our suit separates for the office or — don't tell! — our workout gear for brunch.