I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when it comes to any and all things cookie dough, I'm in. I was able to put my raw habit to rest after mixing up this chickpea cookie dough snack for the first time, and now I can enjoy another iteration of that sweet stuff with this overnight oats combination.
It does not get any easier than combining a few ingredients before bed, popping your jar into the fridge, and grabbing a spoon when you're ready to enjoy it the following morning. The creamy combination of almond milk and Greek yogurt makes these overnight oats taste just like the classic treat.
This recipe makes two servings, so you can have a healthy breakfast ready to go two mornings in a row!
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder (or additional oats)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt and almond milk. Add the oats, protein powder, sweetener, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Divide between two small bowls, mugs, or mason jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour so the oats soften and absorb the liquid.) It can be served cold, or microwave for 30 to 60 seconds to enjoy warm.
Source: Calorie Count
- 2 servings
- Calories per serving