There is more to the mighty chickpea than hummus or as a healthy salad topping, and this cookie dough recipe is proof. Vegan and gluten-free, this simple dip is an excellent source of fiber and protein in one sweet, healthy snack. While you shouldn't bake it in the oven, it's a tasty alternative to raw cookie dough. Forget the unhealthy days of chowing down on the prepackaged stuff, and try this easy recipe instead.
Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or anything else you think would complement the dough "dip" well.
- 1 cup chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agave in a blender or food processor. Blend until it's a fine puree.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender, and place in a large bowl. Add vegan chocolate chips, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Source: Calorie Counter
- Desserts, Cookies
- Makes 6 servings
- Calories per serving