The mighty chickpea helps with weight loss and can be added to your diet beyond basic hummus. This highly snackable garbanzo bean cookie dough certainly proves this point. Vegan and gluten-free, the "dough" is an excellent source of fiber and protein in one sweet, healthy dip — perfect for apple slices. While you shouldn't bake it in the oven, it's a tasty alternative to raw cookie dough. Forget the unhealthy days of chowing down on the prepackaged stuff, and try this easy recipe instead.
Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or anything else you think would complement the dough "dip" well.
- 1 cup chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agave in a blender or food processor. Blend until it's a fine puree.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender, and place in a large bowl. Add vegan chocolate chips, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Source: Calorie Counter
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- Makes 6 servings
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving