Our obsession with matcha doesn't have to stop at tea. This antioxidant-rich powerhouse has proven itself worthy by providing us with lasting, jitter-free energy, inspiring us to sneak this superfood into nearly every recipe.
But its benefits don't end there. Matcha is shown to not only energize but also simultaneously relax and focus the mind, detoxify the body, boost the metabolism, enhance mood, and provide vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, and magnesium. It may also help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar.
So why limit your matcha intake to lattes alone? Start your day off with an energizing and restorative breakfast bread that will not only keep you sated till lunch but also provide you with focus and energy to hit the ground running. Paired with a luscious salted rose water ghee spread, your mornings will never be the same.
- For matcha bread:
3 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 1/2 tablespoons matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon ghee or softened virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- For rose water ghee:
1/4 cup ghee
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon rosewater
1/8 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
To make the bread:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Generously grease 8 x 4 bread pan with ghee or coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs until well blended and fluffy, about five minutes. Add the rest of the wet components and blend until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine until well mixed. Immediately add to baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400ºF for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and serve with salted rose water ghee.
To make the rose water ghee:
- Whip all ingredients until well combined. Spread on your favorite breads and baked goods. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- North American
- 1 loaf
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds