Once Fall hits, my slow cooker begins to take up precious counter space in my tiny kitchen. My roommate and I are constantly cooking up a soup, stew, or a fresh batch of bone broth — we swear by the stuff. And when I'm utilizing my crockpot, I want to keep things quick and easy with as little cleanup as possible, and that's where this chicken fajita recipe comes in handy.
This flavorful dish requires just five ingredients, with no additional cook time necessary. All you do is layer the ingredients, and let your crockpot do its magic. This high-protein, low-calorie recipe is delicious, satisfying, and full of metabolism-boosting spice.
- 1 white onion, sliced into half-moons
- 3 peppers, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into tenders
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Lay half of the sliced onions and peppers at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Layer your sliced chicken breast on top of the onions and peppers and sprinkle half the Mrs. Dash packet on top. Flip the chicken with tongs and shake the remaining taco seasoning, covering the chicken breast.
- Add the remaining onions and peppers to the slow cooker on top of the seasoned chicken, and pour the lime juice right on top.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Main Dishes
- Makes four servings
- Calories per serving