This recipe originally appeared on PaleoHacks.
Gooey bubbly cheese, pepperoni and herbs combine with squash for a dish that can stand alone.
- 1 spaghetti squash, sliced lengthwise, seeds removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup Paleo cashew cheese, grated
1/2 cup pepperoni slices
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 T fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Drizzle spaghetti squash with olive oil. Place spaghetti squash in a pan, cut-side down.
- Transfer to oven. Bake 35-45 minutes depending on size of squash. Most squash will be ready around 40 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and turn over using tongs. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Use a fork to gently loosen spaghetti squash flesh.
- Turn oven to broil. Top squash with tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni slices and sprinkle with oregano and rosemary.
- Broil 5-7 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds