Give your system a healthy charge with these little bites that are loaded with vitamin C. And they're so easy to make, turning into a little treat for nibbling after meals. Made with fresh orange and lemon juice, adding wild, local honey turns them into immune boosters you'll love during cold and flu season. And you can give them a final kick by coating in orange zest.
- 1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 tablespoons gelatin
1 teaspoon wild, local honey
1 tablespoon vitamin C powder (optional)
1 teaspoon superfine sugar or Stevia (optional)
Zest of one orange (optional)
- Squeeze the orange and lemon and add to a small saucepan, and add the gelatin, leaving set for one minute to dissolve.
- Bring the juice to a boil, whisking until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Turn off heat and add the honey and vitamin C powder, stirring to incorporate.
- Use a ladle to pour the mixture into molds, and place in the fridge until set, around 20 minutes.
- Eat as is, or finish by shaking in a bag with the sugar and orange zest. Store in the fridge in a sealable container.
- North American
- 24 gummies
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds