During the heat of Summer who wants to turn on an oven? Not me, that's for sure. Thankfully I have a super easy and stunning no-bake cheesecake that's perfect for any Fourth of July bash and it's a great swap for those normal berry flag tarts that everyone always brings.
For the cheesecake:
4 cups Special K Red Berries cereal
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
3 small strawberries, halved
3/4 cup white candy coating wafers, melted
1/2 cup red candy coating wafers, melted
1/2 cup blue candy coating wafers, melted
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Place cereal in a food processor and process until it's a fine crumb. Add melted butter and salt to the cereal and pulse until incorporated. Transfer crust into a shallow pie plate and press into the form, bringing the cereal up the sides of the pan. Using the bottom of a flat measuring cup will help create an even crust. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust and smooth the top. Cover and return to the refrigerator for another hour until set.
- While the cheesecake sets, dip 4 of the strawberry halves into the melted white candy wafers, leaving about a 1/4 inch of the red strawberry flesh showing at the base of the stem.
- Once the white layer has set, dip the strawberry halves into the melted red candy wafers, leaving about a 1/4 inch white stripe at the top. Repeat the same process with the white again and then blue. Sprinkle the blue layer with white sprinkles and refrigerate until ready to decorate.
- Once the cheesecake has set, decorate the top with remaining strawberry halves, blueberries, and the patriotic dipped strawberries. Serve immediately or cover and store overnight.
Brandi's wearing Shoshanna
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- Serves 8 to 10
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds