- For the crust:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets crushed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
2 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the topping:
1 cup large marshmallows
1 cup mini marshmallows
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- To make crust: In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and salt and mix until the texture resembles wet sand. Press the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm.
- To make filling: Meanwhile, bring 3/4 cup heavy cream to a simmer over low heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until the chocolate begins to melt. Whisk the cream and chocolate together until it becomes silky and shiny. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the remaining heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cooled chocolate into the whipped cream mixture until fully incorporated. Be careful to not overmix.
- To assemble: Transfer the chocolate mousse into the chilled graham cracker crust, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours until firm.
- Just before serving, top the pie with marshmallows and use a minitorch to toast them until golden brown. Top with chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs, and drizzle chocolate syrup over everything.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- North American
- Serves 8-10
- Total Time
- 4 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds