The July/August 2015 issue of Martha Stewart Living features this celebratory American pie recipe, which combines two things we enjoy: pizza and the Fourth of July. We can't wait to try it out this weekend! It's easy to make and definitely a must have at any Independence Day event.
Serve up a patriotic pizza for the Fourth of July: tomatoes, cheese, and blue potatoes create the unmistakable flag design.
- 1 pound Quick Basic Pizza Dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup paper-thin slices of blue potato
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced into 1⁄4-inch rounds
- Fresh mozzarella pearls
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 500 degrees. Stretch pizza dough onto a 13-by-18-inch rimmed baking sheet brushed with extra-virgin olive oil, pushing the edges up the sides to create a border; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss potato with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and rosemary leaves; layer in upper-left corner. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over remaining dough, inside border. Arrange cherry tomatoes into 7 stripes on dough.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is set, 10-12 minutes. Immediately dot mozzarella pearls onto potatoes for stars.
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- North American
- 1 pizza