These enchanting apple roses are fit for a Disney princess! Belle is taking a break from her happily ever after to teach you how to make a sweet apple treat. Keep your eyes peeled for cameos of her notable friends.
- 2 red apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice apples in half and core center. Then very thinly slice the apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Soak in sugar and water for a few minutes.
- Heat the apples and sugar water in a small sauce pot over medium high. Cook apples for 2-3 minutes, or until softened slightly. Remove from heat, drain, and let cool.
- Roll puff pastry out on a flour-dusted cutting board until it's a long rectangle. Cut into 6 strips. Take 1 strip and lay apples on the puff pastry, overlapping and hanging off the top half of the pastry. Continue until there is a row of apples on the puff pastry. Fold the bottom half of the pastry on top of the apples. Pinch and roll the pastry into a rose shape. Place in a greased cupcake pan and repeat to make 5 more roses.
- Bake apple roses for 20 minutes or until puff pastry is cooked through. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
- Desserts, Pastries
- 6 servings