Meet the buffalo soldier, a mouthwatering chicken sausage slathered with a tangy, spicy Frank's RedHot-based sauce, blue cheese, and all the traditional buffalo wing fixings. Dreamed up by the creative hot dog experts at Dog Haus, this bold hot dog/buffalo wing hybrid is just the dish for your next game-day party.
- 1 chicken sausage
- 3 King's Hawaiian Rolls, still connected
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- About 1 1/2 tablespoons carrots, julienned
- About 1 1/2 tablespoons celery, julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- Grill sausage on a cast-iron grill pan or barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice King's Hawaiian Rolls length-wise, and butter the inside of the bread. Cook on a skillet set over medium-high heat, and toast until browned.
- Mix Frank's RedHot Sauce and barbecue sauce together.
- Place grilled sausage into the bun. Spoon on buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Mix carrots and celery together, and then add on top of the sausage. Finish with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American
- 1 hot dog