This is definitely our favorite burger recipe for Summer — and trust us, it's going to be yours, too. Drizzled (or drenched!) with homemade buffalo sauce, topped with crunchy blue cheese slaw, and balanced perfectly with lean ground-turkey patties, it's lightened-up but indulgent at the same time. Use this burger recipe to take your next barbecue to the ultimate level of deliciousness.
Brandi's wearing Shoshanna
- For the buffalo sauce:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- For the blue cheese slaw:
2 tablespoons 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 large carrot, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
1/4 green apple, julienned
- For the turkey patties:
2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 pound ground turkey, like Jennie-O® lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon buffalo sauce
1/4 cup green onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the burger:
Whole grain hamburger bun, toasted
4-ounce turkey patty
1/4 cup blue cheese slaw
1 lettuce leaf
1 tomato slice
1 teaspoon buffalo sauce
- To make buffalo sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add garlic and cayenne and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add lemon juice and white wine vinegar and simmer about 1 minute. Add remaining butter to spice mixture and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool slightly.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend sauce on high for about 2 minutes until fully combined. Set aside.
- To make blue cheese slaw: In a medium mixing bowl, combine all slaw ingredients until all vegetables are coated.
- To make turkey burgers: In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and buttermilk. Let stand for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine JENNIE-O® lean ground turkey with the breadcrumb mixture, buffalo sauce, green onion, garlic, and onion powders. Gently stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Shape turkey mixture into 4 1/2 inch patties and set aside.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Toast buns in oil and remove from heat. Then cook turkey patties about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until their internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Arrange burgers on the toasted buns starting with the lettuce, then tomato, patty, blue cheese slaw, and buffalo sauce.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American
- 4 Servings
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds