Cheesy Chicken and Bacon No-Boil Pasta Bake Recipe
Bake Up This 1-Pan Chicken Bacon Casserole Tonight!
Nobody wants to spend their evening waiting for a huge pot of water to boil. Luckily, this unique pasta recipe cooks entirely in the oven, saving precious time (and water). If you're looking for a hearty casserole you can whip up on a weeknight, Betty Crocker The Smart Dinner ($20) will hook you up.
Cheesy Chicken and Bacon No-Boil Pasta Bake
In a snap: Short on time? Use packaged precooked bacon.
No breadcrumbs on hand? Pulse a piece of day-old sandwich bread in the food processor into fine crumbs; toss with ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning. If your bread is fresh, partially toast it in the toaster before placing in the food processor.
Use it up: Try using other types of cheese besides Parmesan on the top — shredded Gruyère and mozzarella are both tasty options.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, softened
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread spaghetti evenly in dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Reduce heat to medium. Add broth and cream cheese; heat to simmering. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to break up cream cheese pieces, until combined. (Mixture may appear grainy but will become smooth during baking.)
- Pour chicken mixture over spaghetti in baking dish; stir. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until spaghetti is soft and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- In medium bowl, mix bacon, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter. Stir spaghetti mixture; sprinkle with topping. Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving