There's nothing more comforting than something that's simmered all day in your slow cooker. That's why we partnered with Mrs. T's Pierogies for this post.
When you're craving something comforting, this is what you need to make. Your slow cooker does all the work for a creamy, delicious bowl of goodness. And using pierogies just makes sense. After it's simmered for hours, shred the chicken, add in the frozen pierogies, and dinner is served.
Ladle up a bowl and savor the flavors.
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
3 carrots, sliced in rounds
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 pound chicken breasts
32 ounces chicken stock
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tablespoon flour
1 box Mrs. T's Mini Cheddar Pierogies
- Place the celery, carrots, and onion in the slow cooker and add the chicken and chicken stock along with the thyme. Set to medium and simmer for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the flour and mix until smooth. Then stir back into the slow cooker and crank the heat to high.
- Carefully drop in the pierogies and stir. Let simmer while the chicken is cooling.
- Shred the chicken and add to the crockpot, and cook together for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Soup
- North American
- 8 servings
- Total Time
- 7 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds