- For filling:
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces white chocolate chips
1/4 cup fruity pebbles cereal, crushed
- For the macarons:
1 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup almond flour
2 large egg whites, room temperature
Pinch of cream of tartar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal, crushed
- To make the filling: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream until simmering. Pour over chocolate chips and allow to sit for a few minutes before stirring. Mix together white chocolate ganache. Add crushed cereal, mix, and set aside.
- To make the macarons: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Pulse confectioners sugar and almond flour in a food processor until combined. Sift mixture twice. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue mixing until soft peaks form. Turn the speed to low and add sugar, and then increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Turn off mixer and gently fold almond flour mixture into the egg whites.
- Carefully transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch or #6 plain tip and pipe 3/4" in diameter rounds spaced an inch apart onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Crush Fruity Pebbles into a fine grind and sprinkle on top of piped macarons. Tap the bottom of the baking sheet to remove any air from the batter, and let stand for 15 minutes so the cookie creates the shell.
- Reduce oven heat to 325ºF and immediately bake macarons for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookie is crisp and firm, rotating the sheet halfway through. Bake one sheet at a time, raising the oven temperature back to 375ºF and then letting it drop to 325ºF with each tray.
- Once cool, use an offset spatula to remove the cookies from the parchment paper. Sandwich together two cookies with about 1/2 teaspoon of ganache in between. Gently press cookies together until the ganache just reaches the diameter of the macaron.
- North American
- 8-10 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds