Want to win game day? Bake this supersized pretzel that's as delicious as it is eye-catching. Keep watching to learn how to make the ultimate party appetizer!
- Cooking spray
4 (13.8-ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll 4 cans of dough, stack the dough, and carefully reroll into a long rope, stretching the dough evenly until it is approximately 6 feet long. To make the pretzel shape, form the dough into a U. Twist the ends together twice and press down slightly to seal. Pick up the end and fold over so they rest on the bottom of the U shape, and press the ends to stick. Place pretzel onto the baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat water for 30 seconds or until hot. Add baking soda and stir until dissolved. Gently brush the baking-soda mixture over the top of the pretzel and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Brush pretzel with the beaten egg, and sprinkle generously with coarse salt. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top of the pretzel is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Appetizers, Breads/Crackers
- North American
- 10 to 12 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds