Give your chicken wings a quick update with some fresh fruit that results in a wonderfully sweet and savory bite. The pineapple and mango caramelize together, adding extra crunch to your chicken wings and leaving a lingering flavor of fresh fruit. You'll feel like you're kicking back at the beach with a margarita and a tasty snack.
- 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
12 chicken wings, wing tips removed and separated at the joint
1/4 cup crushed pineapple, reserving 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a mixing bowl, and then add the wings, tossing to coat.
- Arrange the wings on the pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the pineapple, mango, water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender, and puree until chunky.
- Remove the wings, and flip, baking for 10 more minutes.
- Coat the wings with the pineapple-mango puree, and then broil for 2 minutes. Remove, flip, and baste again, placing under the broiler for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of crushed pineapple and salt and pepper to taste.
Love your wings? Check out these delicious tips for taking chicken wings to a whole new level.
- Poultry, Appetizers
- North American
- 24 wings