You'll need a chocolate egg mold to shape the candies.
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
Yellow food coloring
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
Luster dust, optional
- Prepare candy eggshells by pouring a small amount of melted chocolate into one of the egg-mold cavities, tilt the mold to coat the entire surface. (Make sure to leave room for the filling.) Repeat with all the cavities. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until set.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the corn syrup, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue mixing. This is the egg-white filling. Take a third of the mixture, and tint it yellow. This is the yolk filling.
- Transfer egg-white and yolk fillings into 2 pastry bags or resealable plastic bags with a small hole cut in the corner.
- Pipe egg-white filling into the eggshell and then a small amount of yolk filling in the center. Repeat with all the eggs. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes to harden.
- Cover with a thin layer of melted chocolate to seal in the filling. Repeat with all the eggs.
- Remove each egg half from molds, and use melted chocolate to glue the sides together. Chill for 5 minutes to harden.
- Brush finished eggs with luster dust, if using.
- Desserts, Candy
- North American
- 12 eggs