Homemade Fireball Recipe
Make Your Own Fireball Whiskey
If you've been panicking over the Fireball recall in Europe, fear no more! Sure, it's still laced with propylene glycol (a component of ecigarettes and antifreeze), but we've got a homemade version that's even tastier than the original. Trust us, once you've tried this, you'll never go back to the sketchy store-bought stuff again.
Homemade Fireball Whiskey
From POPSUGAR Food
Plan ahead, as this takes 7 days to infuse.
- 1 750 milliliter bottle whiskey
5 to 6 cinnamon sticks
3/4 ounce simple syrup
4 to 5 dried chilies
- Pour whiskey into a large mason jar or container with an airtight lid. Add cinnamon sticks and simple syrup. Stir gently. Cover, and let sit for 5 days in a cool, dark space.
- After 5 days, open the cinnamon-infused whiskey, and add dried red chilies. Cover, and shake a few times to mix. Store for 2 more days.
- After 7 days, strain whiskey through a cheesecloth or strainer to remove the cinnamon and chili peppers. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 to 6 months.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 750 milliliter bottle
- Total Time
- 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds