There's something about Summer that calls for a fresh and easy dessert. That's why we partnered with Smirnoff for this post.
The next time you're hosting people for a Summer gathering, make dessert the easiest part of the meal thanks to this elevated granita. It's between an Italian ice and sorbet, filled with fresh fruit flavor and a bit of infused vodka [Link to SMIRNOFF Sourced]. With minimal effort, the dish comes together with help from your freezer, and then you can scoop it into pretty serving bowls. Top with lemon slices and mint sprigs for a really pretty finish to any meal.
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
1/4 cup Smirnoff Sourced Ruby Red Grapefruit [Link to SMIRNOFF Sourced]
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Lime slice for garnish
Mint sprig for garnish
- Place the strawberries, Smirnoff Sourced, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow container, like a brownie pan, and place in the freezer.
- Every hour, use a fork to break up the mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- Scoop into serving containers and top with a lemon wedge and mint garnish. Serve immediately.
- Desserts, Frozen
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 3 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds