It's what's inside that counts, so we've partnered with Smirnoff No. 21, the World's #1 vodka, to make your holiday season extra special.
The holidays are a magical time, so they deserve a magical cocktail. If you really want to impress your friends, go one better than your best glassware and serve up this surprisingly easy but totally wow-worthy, cocktail-filled ice ball. Now what's cooler than being cool? Ice cold!
- 4-ounce spherical ice cube, hollowed out
- 1 1/2 ounces Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- 3/4 ounce cherry juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- Dash simple syrup
- 1 sprig rosemary for garnish
1. Make the ice ball: Fill a spherical ice mold with water and freeze for two-and-a-half hours. Pop out of the mold, carefully drill a hole through the surface, then remove the water from inside with a syringe.
2. Make the cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka, juices, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously, and strain into a lowball glass.
3. Assemble the cocktail: Using the syringe again, carefully fill the ice ball with cocktail. Serve it in a coupe glass, garnished with the rosemary. Crack* (a gentle tap should do it) and drink!
*Use caution when hitting the ice ball, since breaking the glass could result in injury.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail