How to Make Flower Lollipops
Pretty in Pink: Stunning Edible Flower Lollipops
Channel Spring while getting your sweet fix with these precious edible flower lollipops. Perfect for weddings, bridal showers, and parties or as a thoughtful gift, they're also surprisingly simple to make.
Edible Flower Lollipops
Adapted from Sugar Hero
- 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons flavoring extract, such as LorAnn
1 drop gel food coloring, such as Americolor
24 lollipop sticks
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup, and granulated sugar. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil, then stop stirring and brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Insert a candy thermometer.
- Continue to cook the candy without stirring until it reads 285°F on the thermometer. Do not overcook it, or it will start to take on a caramel shade and your candy might be an off color. Once the thermometer reads 285°F, take the pan off the heat, and let it sit for a few moments, until bubbles stop breaking on the surface. Add the flavoring and food coloring, and stir everything together.
- Spray the candy molds with nonstick cooking spray. Add an edible flower to each mold, and carefully pour candy into the prepared molds.
- Before the candy sets, add a lollipop stick to each candy, spinning it to make sure the entire end of the stick is coated.
- Let the tray of lollipops set at room temperature until hard, about 10 minutes. Store lollipops in an airtight container.
- Desserts, Candy
- North American
- 24 lollipops