It might not sound like a delicious match made in heaven, but ice cream bread is crazy good. The sweetness of the ice cream is heightened thanks to savory bread mix, turning into a slice that's hard to turn down. And you can really have fun with all the different flavor combinations.
Just pick a flavor of ice cream you love and mix with self-rising flour into a lumpy dough. Let rest, dollop in a greased bread pan, and bake. Really, it's that simple.
Banana ice cream was a sweet base for this bread, but any flavor you love will work.
- 1 pint banana ice cream
2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Measure and add the self-rising flour to a bowl along with the salt and stir.
- Place the ice cream in a saucepan and melt, warming until around 100˚F.
- Pour the ice cream over the flour and gently stir. The mixture will be a bit lumpy, which is fine. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, then slice and serve.
- North American
- 1 loaf bread
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds