- For the salad:
1 large beet
1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1 fresh ear of corn
1/2 bunch scallions
1 wild salmon filet
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 head butter lettuce
1/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
6 fresh basil leaves
1/2 lime, sliced
- For the balsamic and lime vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons light agave nectar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Make the salad: Steam or boil beets until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let cool, then peel and cut into a medium dice.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat. Rub zucchini, corn, scallions, and salmon with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill vegetables and fish until browned and cooked through, being sure to flip once. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and scallions into a medium dice. Cut corn off the cob, and break salmon into large pieces.
- Make the dressing: Whisk vinegar with agave nectar and lime juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the salad: Toss grilled vegetables with lettuce, tomatoes, and basil. Place on a large platter, and top with salmon. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and serve with lime wedges.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American
- 2 servings