If Justin Timberlake is one of your favorite celebrities, you probably know a lot about him. But what you might not know is he's just as much a foodie as he is an entertainer — he even opened up a BBQ restaurant in New York City! Surprised? Keep reading to learn more intriguing food facts about the singer, actor, and new father to adorable baby Silas.
- He loves food and claims that he works out to eat.
He told Bon Appétit, "I mostly work out so I can eat religiously. I'm such a foodie."
- He loads up on protein in the morning and never skips breakfast.
For breakfast, JT has waffles with almond butter and a side of scrambled eggs. He also loves blueberry pancakes topped with bananas.
- He has his own brand of tequila.
It's called 901 Tequila, and Justin claims it's so smooth it doesn't require a chaser. We tried it and have to admit he's not making it up.
- His wife, Jessica Biel, opened her own restaurant in Hollywood.
This year, Jessica Biel opened Au Fudge, an adult- and kid-friendly bakery and restaurant in West Hollywood.
- And his favorite item is the brownies.
"Justin loves them," Jessica Biel has said about Au Fudge's brownies.
- He opened a BBQ restaurant in 2007 in New York City.
Southern Hospitality in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen is the creation of JT and two friends, Eytan Sugarman and Trace Ayala. Justin's birthplace of Memphis, TN, means he knows a thing or two about Southern food.
- The one food he doesn't like is octopus.
"With the exception of octopus, I don't think I've met any food that I didn't like," he has said.
- The best meal he's ever had was pasta in Italy.
"When you ask about the best meal, my mind goes to a trip to Italy . . . a lobster pasta with Pecorino cheese," he has said.
- He likes to drink seasonally.
While many people like to eat according to what's in season, JT's all about a cocktail's seasonality. When it comes to drinking and entertaining, he said, "I pick my cocktails based on the seasons. In the colder weather I tend to drink whiskey cocktails. In the warmer months, I'm a big fan of tequila, obviously."