A good sandwich always hits the spot for lunch, but if you're looking for something new, try giving it a noodle-bowl spin. Using buckwheat noodles as the base creates a warm and saucy start. Then top with all your favorite sandwich ingredients, like bacon, sliced deli turkey, avocado, and a creamy sauce. The combination is packed with protein, keeping you feeling fuller longer.
If prepping this meal feels like too much in the morning, you can also package the ingredients to bring with you and assemble at the office. After cooking the noodles, store in a glass mason jar and seal. Then cook the bacon and layer it with the toppings in another container and grab a separate small container for the sauce. When it's time to eat, simply warm the noodles and then arrange. Everyone will be jealous of your lunch.
All the ingredients from a deli turkey, bacon, and avocado sandwich blend together deliciously and are elevated thanks to the bright flavor of lime and hint of spice in the sauce. Welcome to your new favorite lunch!
- Noodle bowl:
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bundle (2 ounces) buckwheat noodles
- 1 strip HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Original Uncured Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 slices HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- Basil sprig
- Lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F.
- Pour the chicken stock into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the buckwheat noodles and stir. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, line a sheet tray with foil and bake the strip of bacon at 450˚F until bubbling and brown. Remove and drain on a folded paper towel.
- While the noodles are cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients for topping the noodles. If you’re bringing to work, assemble the spinach, turkey, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, and avocado in one container and the bacon in a separate small container so it stays crisp.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. If bringing to work, pour into another small container.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, pour into a bowl along with the remaining broth. Start layering on the ingredients having fun with the arrangement. Position the turkey to one side, surround shredded carrots, thinly sliced cucumber, and avocado. Then sprinkle with bits of bacon and drizzle the sauce on top. Finish with fresh basil and a big squeeze of lime.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
More from the makers of HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Deli Meats:
We believe in making delicious meat and cheese you can trust to always be 100% natural-made without artificial preservatives or ingredients. Make the natural choice here.