- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil
1/2 pound mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
3 ounces cream cheese
6 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) shredded pepper jack cheese
1 1/2 cups sliced baby spinach leaves
2 chipotles in adobo (from a can), minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have released their liquid and are both dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Spread mushrooms and onions over the bottom of a small ovenproof casserole or gratin dish.
- In a large bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, spinach, and chipotles. Toss until combined. Spread cheese mixture evenly over mushrooms and bake until bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American
- Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer (Makes about 3 1/2 cups)