If you have stuffed the turkey with lemon, use the lemon from the bird's cavity to season the gravy.
- Roasting pan with turkey drippings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups mushroom stock
- Juice from 1/4 to 1/2 lemon, to taste
- While turkey rests on cutting board, place roasting pan on stove top across 2 burners. Bring pan juices to a simmer over medium-high heat while scraping up the browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook until liquid thickens and holds a trail, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook until blended, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock, then 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until gravy thickens and no longer tastes floury, about 5 minutes (reduce heat if bottom of pan begins to scorch).
- Season with lemon, salt, and pepper. Keep warm until serving. Whisk before serving (thin with water if necessary).
- 3 cups
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes