We consider pumpkin spice lattes to be the official start of the holiday season, so in that spirit, our team came up with the perfect treat to serve with our favorite Fall beverage: streusel-topped pumpkin spice latte muffins. With one bite of these pumpkin- and espresso-flavored breakfast breads, you'll be awakened by a jolt of caffeine and a burst of warm spices.
- For muffins:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- For streusel topping:
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Make the muffins: In a medium bowl, combine flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Stir, and set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, blend pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil; add the eggs, and mix on low.
- Add the flour gradually to the mixture, continuing to beat on low until fully incorporated.
- Transfer batter to the cupcake liners, filling until 3/4 full.
- Make the streusel topping: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt together until well combined.
- Top each muffin with a generous portion of streusel mixture. Transfer muffins to the oven, and bake until they are golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Breads, Breakfast/Brunch
- North American
- 24 muffins