Looking to impress your friends at your next dinner party? Check out this incredibly useful food and wine pairing list from Wine Folly.
Get inspired by these everyday food and wine pairings. For example, love chicken tacos? Try them with white Vinho Verde wine!
- Food Wine: A wine that makes food taste better.
- Cocktail Wine: A wine that tastes best when drunk on its own.
You already know cocktail wines. They are the quintessential "100-point" wine. A drink-your-dinner wine. Something that's so insanely complex and complete that food would just sour the experience.
But we can't survive on wine alone, even if it sounds like a good idea. Fortunately, there is a whole class of wines out there — the food wines — that are designed for this purpose. Food wines are rapidly growing in popularity. Not only are they affordable, but they will make things taste better.
- Chicken Tacos and Vinho Verde
- Cheesy Puffs and Chenin Blanc
- French Fries and Sparkling Wine
- Fried Chicken and Moscato
- Buffalo Wings and Lambrusco Dolce
- Fish and Chips (England Style w/ Tartar Sauce and Mushy Peas) and Chilled Sercial Madeira
- Red Bean Chili and Cava
- A BLT Sandwich and White Zinfandel
- Meatball Sandwiches and Carménère
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Petite Sirah
- Lamb Gyros and Nebbiolo
- Chicken Salad and Grüner Veltliner
- Steamed Pork Dumplings and Gewürztraminer
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Quiche and Chardonnay
- Moo Sho Pork and Riesling
- Veggie Macro Bowl and Vermentino
- Sushi and Muscadet
- Vietnamese Fresh Rolls and Furmint
- Asian Barbecue and Red Zinfandel
- Beef Brisket and Red Bordeaux