We partnered with Smirnoff No. 21 to show you how to put a fun twist on this childhood Summer classic.
Much like pool floats, BBQs, and block parties, frozen drinks are an essential part of Summer. So is the flavor of pineapple, so we combined the two for the ultimate fiesta cocktail: a spiked piña snow cone. The perfect blend of lime juice, pineapple, simple syrup, and Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka makes this one libation everyone will be wanting seconds of on a hot day, and the chili powder rim adds just the right amount of kick. Serve them in a classic paper snow cone cup with a lime wheel and fun parasol or umbrella accent, and be sure you have plenty of ice around to make more — these go quick!
A snow cone machine is very helpful in making this recipe and can be easily found at your local department store. If you cannot find one, a food processor will work in its place.
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar)
- 3 ounces Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
- Chili powder and a lime wheel for garnish
- In your blender, combine the chopped pineapple, lime juice, simple syrup, and vodka and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, then place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled, drizzle over a cone packed with the crushed ice (use an ice cream scoop to create the ball on top or your hands). Garnish with chili powder and a lime wheel and serve with a straw and pineapple cocktail parasol.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 3 snow cones