Hosting brunch is a delicious way to get together with friends. That's why we partnered with Pillsbury for this post.
Brunch is one of my all-time favorite things. But when hosting, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the kitchen putting the final touches on your dishes. That's why this simple yet elegant salad is a big win. You can make the salad dressing days ahead of your gathering and then assemble the salad and store in the fridge until guests arrive. The combination of sharp shallot alongside the slightly bitter spinach comes together thanks to fresh figs and the pop of dressing. Delish!
- 1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
1 shallot, sliced thin
5 figs, quartered
- For the Dressing
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Assemble the salad in a bowl, creating a base with the spinach, and top with the shallot rings and the figs.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt, and mustard in a blender. Slowly start streaming in the oil while blending, emulsifying the dressing.
- Pour into a small container then mix in the poppy seeds.
- Lightly dress the salad, then serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Side Dishes, Greens
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds