Kick things into gear at your next party with this easy and delicious recipe for sangria. The red-wine liqueur mixture is infused with peaches and strawberries, and it's topped with a little bit of sparkling water to provide a nice effervescence. The squeeze of lemon is essential: it adds acidity, which balances out this concoction.
If you can't find peach liqueur, substitute an equal amount of simple syrup and a few dashes of peach bitters.
- 1 peach, diced
- 10 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 bottle of dry red wine, such as a Pinot Noir
- 1/2 cup peach liqueur, such as Orchard
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sparkling water
- Combine the peaches, strawberries, red wine, peach liqueur, and rum in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, fill a wine glass with ice. Pour the sangria until the glass is 3/4 full. Top with sparkling water. Stir gently to combine.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 6 servings